Due to ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE TIMING, I was not in Milan during Fashion week, instead had a cheeky few days on the slopes in Switzerland. So Imagine my horror to find that not only had I completely, utterly, inconceivably, unforgivably missed fashion week, but that the Missoni Show had been held at one of my University Buildings. OUTRAGE!
It was lovely to see the first beams of Italian sun ushering in Fashion Week and encouraging those blessed with a strong immune system to brave the cold and demonstrate the must have style for the summer.
Keeping with the European theme, here are my fav street style piccies and march editorials. ENJOY!


Stockholm Street-style
Face Hunter
Clemence Poesy
French Vogue Beauty Editorial
Olga Sherer in Dolce & Gabbana for Russian Vogue
Anais Poulior by Emma Tempest for Volt
Due to ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE TIMING, I was not in Milan during Fashion week, instead had a cheeky few days on the slopes in Switzerland. So Imagine my horror to find that not only had I completely, utterly, inconceivably, unforgivably missed fashion week, but that the Missoni Show had been held at one of my University Buildings. OUTRAGE!
It was lovely to see the first beams of Italian sun ushering in Fashion Week and encouraging those blessed with a strong immune system to brave the cold and demonstrate the must have style for the summer.
Keeping with the European theme, here are my fav street style piccies and march editorials. ENJOY!


Stockholm Street-style
Face Hunter
Clemence Poesy
French Vogue Beauty Editorial
Olga Sherer in Dolce & Gabbana for Russian Vogue
Anais Poulior by Emma Tempest for Volt

 


Let's not joke now, she's an absolute BEB both on and off the runway and has one of the best off-duty model styles of them all. I Thought she was fab in the Rag & Bone Recent campaign which recruited some of the best models to shoot their own advertisements Sasha, Lily, Abbey etc, I'm sure you've seen it already, in fact the pope of personal style blogging Rumi Neely of Fashiontoast.com has shot one aswell!
Anyway GUARDA! and drool over my girl crush of the month!

Rag & Bone Spring '11 Campaign
Street Style
Mania Mania Reve 2011 Campaign by Barney Roper- Fashiongonerogue
Hugo Boss Spring Campaign - Fashiongonerogue
Stockholm street style
Versace Spring Campaign- Fashiongonerogue


Ok so I know she didn't actually say that but it's the quintessential MARIE-ANTOINETTE phrase and I couldn't resist. I'm well aware that i can't actually live in Versailles, all of that 'you're not French!'& 'National Heritage and History' nonsense. So until they come to their senses and I book the moving van I can dream can't I?
The fact that this Austrian princess reigned over 200 years ago yet she is still relevant in today world of fashion i think is particularly poignant. I'm not denying that Sophia Coppola's macaroon encrusted, pastel orgasm, fairytale of a film didn't help to re-vamp the image, but still every girl wants to be a princess.
There's something about Versailles that encapsulates this dream, and held my interest,desires,hopes,wishes etc. for quite some time not (GREAT! place to propose, non?)

Annie Liebovitz for Vogue US
Versailles
Fountain in the Gardens of Versailles
Patisserie
Kirsten Dunst in Sophia Coppola's 'Marie-Antoinette'
Marie-Antoinette by Jean-Baptiste Gaultier
Ashley Smith for Ellery Fall 2011 Campaign by Paul Empson
Hall of Mirrors
Manolo Blahnik shoes for 'Marie-Antoinette'
Vogue US
Annie Liebovitz for Vogue US
Wildfox Campaign